The charitable aims are to...
- Promote and encourage the art of embroidery and related crafts.
- Encourage the creation of fine articles incorporating embroidery or associated arts.
- Educate the public in the history and art of embroidery.
- Undertake, support and publish research in relation to embroidery.
- Collect, document, preserve, exhibit and interpret examples of fine embroidery of historical or educational merit
The Guild considers the facilities it provides for young people - and those who teach and inspire them - to be an essential part of fulfilling its charitable aims. We make a small charge for membership and are very grateful for the donations from the public and contributions from our sponsors: Coats, Madeira and Twisted Thread.